139 Kearsarge Mountain Road,
Saturday, August 25, 2018
9:30 AM Start
The Mount Kearsarge Hill Climb consists of an 8 mile climb to the Mt. Kearsarge summit parking lot, including a 3.5 mile final segment with an 8.7% average grade and 1,738' rise. The first (4.5 mile) segment includes some uphill, level, and downhill sections.
The Mt. Kearsarge Hill Climb is the only hill climb in the United States that provides:
- free coffee for all riders provided by Schoodac's Coffee House of Warner;
- a scenic (but challenging) 8-mile course, including a one-mile 12%-plus gradient;
- event T-shirts to the first 125 registrants;
- mid-climb $150 Men's and Women's primes;
- Destination Cycling Mallorca vouchers and other valuable prizes to category winners;
- a hearty post-race chili lunch; and
- a free raffle ticket for an S&W Sports 2018 Trek Domane.
Categories & Prizes
Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 men and women finishers, and to the Men's/Women's age category, Tandem, Unicycle, Filly and Clydesdale winners.
Age Categories: Men & Women: 15-17, 18-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+ (age: as of August 25, 2018)
The Dennise Maslakowski Primes
Primes of $150 will be awarded to the first rider (Men, Women) to the 4.5 mile point access road rotary--each Prime winner must finish the race to the summit within 60 minutes.
Mallorca with Destination Cycling!
Among other prizes, the overall Men’s and Women’s winners will receive a (transferable) $250 discount voucher for a 2019 one-week Destination Cycling trip to sunny Mallorca.
Schedule & Details
- Race day registration and number pick up opens at 7:30 AM.
- The course will close to traffic to the summit parking area promptly at 9:15 AM.
- Drop bags (with clothes, water bottles, etc.) may be left at the registration table by 9:00 AM.
- Race starts promptly at 9:30 AM.
- No riders or vehicles will be allowed down the course from the summit parking area until the last rider has finished (approx. 10:30 AM).
- Helmets are mandatory. Participants will descend from the summit parking area finish via a controlled descent, at the conclusion of the climb.
Limited to the first 250 registrants; online registration closes at midnight on August 22, 2018.
Registration Fee (includes lunch and raffle ticket):
Individual: $60 until 8/22 (under age 18, $25); $80 on race day.
Tandem Fee: $60 until 8/22; $85 on race day.
Register online at www.BIKEREG.com
by Wednesday, August 22, 2018
RACE DAY DISCLAIMER/CANCELLATION POLICY: We will delay the start time and/or postpone or cancel the race if the following conditions are reported on the road or summit on the morning of the event: high winds or hard driving rain or anything that has the potential for an unsafe event. We will stop the race if conditions are deemed unsafe for the riders in the race. We will not cancel the race for “uncomfortable” conditions